Hypnotize review by System of a Down

• Released: Nov 22, 2005
  • Users' score: 8.8 (1,158 votes)
System of a Down: Hypnotize

From the moment I slapped this sucker in my CD player, I was blown away. Literally. I really, honestly was not expecting what I got, but boy is this album amazing. From Attack to Soldier Side, System Of A Down gives us a dose of a blistering fast upheaval rampaging metal at it's best. I should have gotten this album when I heard the first single but I was too afraid that it was going to be exactly like Mezmerize, which, was also an excellent album but by no means does it compare to this album.

The lyrics are typical, political System of a Down with a few change-ups here and there. Daron and Serge literally "Hypnotize" you (pun intended) with their vocal capabilities here as well as Mezmerize. The soothing screaming voice of Daron and the roaring groaning voice of Serge is an unbeatable combination and is no exception with Hypnotize.

Honestly can't say that this album compares to any other SOAD album out there. It's pretty diverse in a good way. My personal favorite songs are Attack, Dreaming, Kill Rock 'N Roll, Hypnotize, Vicinity of Obscenity, She's Like Heroine, Lonely Day and Soldier Side, but hell the whole album kicks ass. I definitely would not let this album get stolen and in the case it were mysteriously stolen I would get two more albums just in case.

Havenspear
    I seriously think that anyone who thinks that the simplicity of the lyrics in "Lonely Day" is a moron. I mean what the hell...? The solo rocks, but the singing and lyrics are just horrible. Let Serj do the words, you stick to musicianship, Daron! D: