Hypnotize review by System of a Down

• Released: Nov 22, 2005
  • Users' score: 8.8 (1,157 votes)
System of a Down: Hypnotize

Since Hypnotize is thier newest album it is naturally the greatest. They have about as many songs on it as the other albums and have a good sound with the lead singer and lead guitarist. I have found that they try and make thier music stand out from all others in order to be more popular. This is great becuase not only do I love the music but I also love thier strange music vids. BYOB is one of those strange music videos that can carry a beat.

Most of thier lyrics are clean and are focused around propaganda. I don't know why they are but I think it might just be a good topic that never gets old. The singer is very versatile and this is good because his vioce makes him sond furious and in pain so it goes in sync with the theme perfectly.

System Of A Down was the first band I learned to play on the six string. Some of thier songsare easy like roullette and hypnotize, but others are a little harder and require more skill like BYOB and Radio/Video. They are a great band in my opinion because they can be understood in the song and aren't just screaming words. This matters because all of thier albums have been better than the last and eventually they will be the biggest band known to the guitar world. If you don't have this album, get it, it's deffinetly worth haveing.

Forced In
    Daron's had far too much input on the new albums, the only song that Serj wrote by himself is Question!. Daron wrote over half the songs by himself. He's just ruined it. They do some great harmonies like the end of Chop Suey!, Needles and the whispering bit in Deer Dance, but left to his own devices, Daron bleats like a goat and comes up with some lyrics about Hollywood and rockin'. Cack. And both albums are far too short. Mesmerise is about 36 minutes. Some bands make albums twice that length.
    WhiteLightning
    ok... Holy Mountain is simply amazing... awesome drums,vocals,and guitar... Soldier Side is pretty cool to.....You ppl complain about daron being so horrible and that he ruins ther music, Well do me a favor, GO TO HELL!!! its like your saying you hate it because ther being different,Isnt that why you like them in the first place?
    WhiteLightning
    00guitarist00 wrote: did anyone else hear the lyrics daron substituted for the song lonely day during ozzfest? "such a lonely day, hanging out with this band/ this mother****er i cant stand." this was a major blow to me. i dont think its a hiatus. i think they're actually breaking up.
    yea same here its kinda crazy ya know doing that in front of a big crowd, enless it was some kind of "joke"...?