Mezmerize review by System of a Down

• Released: May 17, 2005
System of a Down: Mezmerize

I just recently got into System Of A Down, after buying this album, but after several days, I bought Toxicity. Both are great. The sound is very different from earlier System, but nevertheless amazing. System is evolving and maturing, which IS a good thing. System sounds great, and should keep making music, but Daron, please stop singing! Nothing personal, but System has a rep. for Serj on vocals, who in my opinion, has one of the best, most distinctive voices in rock today. He can go from a Scream to a note in a way nobody else can. Daron, you write amazing stuff and shred, but please leave the vocals to Serj.

Lyrics are very good, especially those of "Old School Hollywood" and "Cigaro." Serj has pipes for days, he can sing so well. The lyrics are very political, and I think bands should be more opinionated, like System Of A Down. The strong opinions expressed on this album are very good, and are some seem to be anti-Bush.

This album is great from "Soldier Side" to "Lost In Hollywood." This is a CD you can listen to without skipping. Standout songs would be "Question!" and "Old School Hollywood." Alt-metal has never sounded so well. System will always be one of the most talented bands out there, and will always have me as a fan.