Mezmerize review by System of a Down

• Released: May 17, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 4.7 Poor
System of a Down: Mezmerize

I've always loved System Of A Down, and this CD keeps their original rhythm and pace. However, the SOAD I've grown to love plays rock/metal, and this new CD is light rock punk crap. BYOB is a good song, but is way over played. Cigaro is decent too, but other than that the music blew, I really hope Hypnotize is better.

Even though the music sucked for the most part, the lyrics were all System Of A Down, and sounded awesome. Except Daron's parts. I've always hated him as a singer, and just about broke my CD when I realized that almost half of the songs on the CD had Daron doing major singing roles. He's a guitarist, and should stick to playing the guitar. Serj, however, is one of the best singers around, and I love his voice. The lyrics are fast and hard, just like the music should be.

This CD is nothing compared to their self-titled or Steal This Album, and should never be seen beside Toxicity, less it taint it's holyness. BYOB and Cigaro are the best songs on the album, but the rest of it sucked. I was so dissapointed in this CD when I heard it, and was angry at the fact that SOAD would willingly release this crap to the public. If it were stolen or lost, I wouldn't even care. In fact, I'd feel sorry for whoever found/stole it for having to listen to this crap CD.