Mezmerize review by System of a Down

• Released: May 17, 2005
System of a Down: Mezmerize

The sound of this album is great, grasy riffs played by Malankian really kicked ass on this CD.

Lyrics are great! Daron's high pitch voice makes a perfect harmonics to Serj's singing. To all the idiots who wrote that Daron ruined the album I have to say that his voice is as unique as Serj's, but in a different way. He made a great progress from the last albums and became a great singer. I admit that in some songs Serj should be the lead vocal, but Radio/Video or Lost In Hollywood wouldn't be so good without Daron's voice. Lyrics are freaky, but with a message. Politics in the songs of SOAD isn't a bad thing. It teaches younger generations how to thing right and warns the youth not to do the same mistake their parents did, like voting for Bush and fighting a meaningless war over oil rigs. I think that tis kind of message is crucial in the development of kids and that every school should play several SOAD songs to their students!

It's pretty much the normal SOAD album, which is, by default, completely insane and positive!