Mezmerize review by System of a Down

• Released: May 17, 2005
System of a Down: Mezmerize

Their sound is a whole lot more hard-core! They're focusing alot on their riffs. They don't realy match up with their other albums, becuase they were more in a truth direction (more about the lyrics than sound). Overall I was very impressed with the sound of this album.

The lyrics were awesome! They really didn't focus on the main thing they write about, the armenian genocide, and the armenian government. They focused very little on that topic. But instead, I liked what the new lyrics they released. I have personally listened to all of their albums. And on Mezmerize, vocal-wize, Daron and Serj did a lot of harmony in most of their songs. Daron did "Lost In Hollywood" in which he had the song pretty much to him self. Daron has a good singing voice, and he is good enough to be the backup vocalist for the band. Overall, the lyrics are differnt, but they are very sweet!

My overall impression is that they have really gone through a metomorphosis. They are more hard core and cleaned up. They have a cleaner sound and more suggestive lyrics. But they have transformed alot in the past decade and will provide the world with awesome music!