Mezmerize review by System of a Down

• Released: May 17, 2005
System of a Down: Mezmerize

Compared to the other CD's released by SOAD, this one was one of the better ones. It was alot heavier than the other CD's I have from them, Toxicity and Steal This Album. At first when I heard BYOB, I hated the song and still do till this day, but after question became a single I decided to give SOAD another chance. And I'm glad I did, because it turns out that the rest of the songs were alot better. Cigaro won me over and Lost In Hollywood just was awesome. Despite the fact that Darin sings way too much in Mezmerize, this CD sounds alright.

I've never been a fan of SOAD's lyrics because of my political stance, but luckly there was less politics in this CD than in the others (not counting the s--ty song BYOB). These lyrics are pretty messed up in all reality. I mean, "My cock is much bigger than yours," where do you come up with the idea to write a song about your wang? I dunno, but the point is, less politics = greatness.

If you havn't already found out, I've never really been a SOAD fan, as a matter of fact a friend burned this CD for me. But I liked it other wise. I dunno, I just thought you should know that comming from someone that really doesn't like SOAD that much, this CD wasn't all that bad.