Mezmerize review by System of a Down

• Released: May 17, 2005
System of a Down: Mezmerize

Ok Mezmerize, where to start, it's a new sound for SOAD, I would say this is the most quiet album of the lot (exceptions of BYOB and Cigaro) but still as awesome. Then there's the addition of Daron's voice, and unlike a lot of people I think Daron's voice is great where he has it, apart form 1 bit which I will talk about later. This is the first soad album I heard, Chop Suey the first song, so this album is a real speicial thing to me, so lets get on with this review.

Ok lyrics wise Daron has still out done himself, Lost in hollywood is greatly written and This Cocaine is really crazy, but I found out that serj wrote Question and that song is really an awesome song! The lyrics always fo with the riffs they have written I think as Lost In Hollywood gives you the feeling with the slow riff and lovely lyrics, and then into sad statue with its defiant lyrics and riff its the best song on the album. As I said in the Toxicity review Serj is my favourite vocalist ever!

These are my fav metal band as they arn't always shouting and Serj can really sing! Best songs: Sad Statue, BYOB, Question?, Soldier Side. Ok the only thing I hate is Daron's wierd shouting bit in BYOB as I think it is unnessessary, but thats about it the rest I love, it's awesome and the 2nd best album (Toxicity rules). If the album where stolen it would be bought back, I love it too much. While writing this review I am listenin to there new song Hypnotize, that is just maybe there best song ever! The albums almost here, only time will tell.