Mezmerize review by System of a Down

• Released: May 17, 2005
System of a Down: Mezmerize

This is the bands first release in 2005. Overall its an excellent album. The worst song on the album is propely BYOB but it's still an okay song. A lot of people I know say System Of A Down is no good and thats because they heard BYOB. There are songs on this album 1,000,000 times better than BYOB. You got songs like Question! with the cool spanish part at the beginning and then the cool electric guitar riff. You got Sad Statue which is my favorite song on the whole album. Another good song is Old School Hollywood which has some good riffs. This is a great album if you listen to other than BYOB.

The lyrics to System Of A Down are different to any other metal band that I listen to. You got songs like Old School Hollywood where Daren sings '"Hey man don't you touch my belt (Old School Hollywood Washed Up Hollywood) Standing in the sun I'm about to melt" which I always found funny. The other songs have good lyrics to. Serj and Daron are great vocalists. I just hope I got the right names down and that they are spelt right.

I like this album very much. I never heard the new album Hypnotize yet but I bet it is gonna be just as good or better than Mezmerize. Also the two albums are suppose to be able to join up with each other too which is very cool. I don't hate anything about this album and I would never lose this album because It never leaves my room.