Mezmerize review by System of a Down

• Released: May 17, 2005
System of a Down: Mezmerize

Soad never cease to amaze me. This new album is a breath of fresh air from all this crap that's constantly piling up. Mezmerize could possibly be the most inovative record for quite some time. With unrivalled originality and bursting with new ideas, rather than falling back on old tricks. All the songs blend into each other perfectly, and there is a real sense of atmosphere. The unique guitar sounds are unlike anything else out there. The whole album is very consistent with no songs you will want to skip. Obviosly soad have always been an aquired taste, and the new album is no exeption. Won't appeal to every one, but if you like Soad, you won't be dissapointed. I would go as far as to say it's their best effort yet.

Random lyrics that have nothiing to do with anything, but are still amusing and entertaining to listen to. Highlights include: "My shit stinks much better than yours", and "Choking chicks and sodomy". And you know what I love it. None of that "Inside, my pain, suffering blood destruction" bullshit.

Definitely deserves a place in your CD collection. Outsdandingly original. It's truly unique, there is a reason no othe band has tried to rip them off, because they know that if they try they will fail shamefully. System have delivered an amazing experience, fantastic.

bradyg
    This was an okay CD. I don't really care for SOAD. They go to overboard with there vocals, he doesn't even sing. It just pisses me off to see a band that constantly talk quick.
    -kuddel-
    daron will never be a better singer than serj, but his voice rocks anyway!!!! i think it was a good decision to give him some vocal parts!!!! soad rules
    guitardude1039
    I cannot STAND SOAD! There decent musicians but there lryics are so damn anoyying!! Agh I hate his voice.. Ive tried to like them but I just cant get into them..
    elkabong306
    this album was unbelievablely unique, catchy and creative along with everyother SOAD album
    dgme92
    you just have to learn to enjoy a joke, at ANYONE'S expense, and life in general, SOAD are out there writing what they want, and having fun doing it... if you were to write an album, would you write what you think is good/humurous, or give in to the pressure of the mainstream?
    cuige
    This was the second SOAD album I got so I come from the outside from other styles of music and this album was just a breath of fresh air. All the quick changes like in Radio/Video. Brilliant. Isn't Cigaro sarcastic? That's the feeling I got off it anyway. Great album. Every song is brilliant.
    LAKI
    LJUDI MOJI,SOAD JE NAJBOLJA GRUPA NA SVETU,A DARON JE DEFINITIVNO NAJBOLJI GITARISTA!!!DO YOU KNOW,DARON,AS A KID,WAS PLAYING HIS GUITAR FOR 10H A DAY!!!?PEOPLE SAY THAT KIRK HAMMET IS THE BEST,BUT HE ONLY KNOWS TO PLAY SOLO... AND DARON KNOW EVERYTHING!!!!P.S.I AM FROM SERBIA AND I DON`T KNOW ENGLISH GOOD.SYSTEM FOREVER!!!!!
    turtles_head
    This album is so good that if it had an ass, my (admittedly larger than yours) cock would be balls-deep in it.