Mezmerize review by System of a Down

• Released: May 17, 2005
System of a Down: Mezmerize

SOAD has an extremely unique sound of their own that can never be redone by any normal person or group of persons. All of the screaming and chaotic background sounds and such are what make the band so different from everyone else. They did a good job starting and ending the album with quiet songs and Lost in Hollywood in my opinion is the perfect period for the album.

I love SOAD's sense of humor and they make me want to make a T-shirt that says "I support bands that complain about the government" which would be a true statement. SOAD always can find a way to make humor out of anything political which never should be humorous. Daron is a good singer on Lost in Hollywood and the song fits him the best during the really long chorus ending the song. Serj's best moment on the album is, to me, Cigaro because in the chorus, his voice sounds so cool with the Cigaro Cigaro Cigar.

SOAD is un matchable to this day and will remain unmatchable for a very long time so it would seem. The best songs are B.Y.O.B, This Cocaine Makes Me Feel Like I'm On This Song, Question, and both Hollywood songs. Not that the others aren't good because they are just these stand out the most. There is really nothing to dislike from this album except I accidentally bought the editted version thinking it wasn't editted so the packaging fooled me. And I didn't like Cigaro the first few times I heard it.

git_fiddle
    who the hell are you to tell a band they suck. i bet you can't play smoke on the watet,slut. faggot. between there fast struming and serj sounding like an ak47,there an teriffic band ,suckaa
    -metalhead-
    masterometal666 wrote: ALFRED123456789 wrote: xcrunner1 wrote: SOAD sold out when they tightened their guitar strings to drop d flat. ITS DROP C# U MORON.....BUT UR RIGHT THEY DID SELL OUT (KINDA) BUT STILL GOOD ALBUMS....TOXICITY WAS THE BEST THOUGH END OF STORY!!!!! Umm hello? You are the moron here. C# and Db are inharmonic tones. (That means they are the same damn thing!) Drop Db and Drop C# are exactly the same thing, just two different names. Eb can be called D# if you wanted. Standard E can be called D double # if you wanted. And Drop Db/C# can also be called Drop Eb double flat. It all depends on what you chose to call it. Music theory dumbass. And I noticed that none of you seem to realize that they definately were nu metal. The keyword here is "were", Because they have now drifted off into the stoner music category where it's so screwed up and trippy that you can't classify it at all.
    firstly, and i cant say this enough...THEYRE NOT NU- METAL RETARDS!! secondly, are you serious? caliming theyve sold out because of a different tuning?? what the hell are you talking about?? if they want to play in a different tuning, who gives a ****?
    Metal_Rich
    Brilliant album, shame so many people cannot even spell the title. I lol'd at the guy who said Question had awful lyrics.