Mezmerize review by System of a Down

• Released: May 17, 2005
System of a Down: Mezmerize

System Of A Down are constantly experimenting with different sounds and keeping intact their uniquness. In Mezmerize System have made a massive step and improved on almost exerything. The guitars and drums seem to be a real standout in the album. I think that this album will reach out to a broader audience because it has alot more variety than their previous albums.

Serj Tankian is the bands lead singer by title, but in this album he seems to take on the role of more of a back up singer and secondary singer. Daron Malakian the guitarist does alot more singing and at time comes off as the lead singer of the band. I don't think there is anything wrong with Daron's singing, but in previous albums System have had the ability to pick when some things work and others don't, and on some occasions Daron's singing doesn't fit in with the song. Personally I prefer Serjs singing.

I think this album is makeing great steps towards the future in the genre of rock and telling people that you dont need to stick to a recipe when writing music, because music is art and there should be no rules involved in art. Best album I've heard in a long time.