Mezmerize review by System of a Down

• Released: May 17, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 2 Junky
System of a Down: Mezmerize

This band and album sucks! I can't believe that Daron said that he listened to Iron Maiden growing up. That's an insult to Maiden in the 1st place. It's pretty easy to tune your guitar down a bit, then try (and I do mean try in Daron's case) to play riffs fast then with a "catchy" riff.

It must be nice when your band sells out. Byob, the 1st single of the album talks about going to a party? I laughed when Serj started "la la la la la." I've read lyrics that actually mean something, or try to tell a story, or something interesting. This, this album doesn't.

Once again, this album sucks. There is nothing impressive about SOAD. Music is bland, lyrics like Daron's guitar playing sucks. I didn't like anything about this album when my friend let me listen to it. If this album was stolen, if I even had a copy, then I would pray to the poor soul that took it for listening to this piece of crap. I haven't seen or heard this band do anything outstanding. Take your money, buy a Pantera, Megadeth, or Fear Factory CD or something else worth it.