Mezmerize review by System of a Down

• Released: May 17, 2005
System of a Down: Mezmerize

System Of A Down has been a must have in my collection for quite some time now. Every album that came out, I've gotten. Their musical style is just straight-up bad ass and I admire Daron Malakian for his skill with the guitar. I hope to be as good as him one day. The last two songs of this album (Old School Hollywood and Lost in Hollywood) make it sound like Holly wood isn't really that great of a place as people might think. Who knows? Maybe their right.

Their lyrics of Global Domination and pointing out everything wrong with this government (Why don't presidents fight the war?) is what we all really need. SOAD's lyrics made me realize that this world isn't perfect, and it never will be perfect unless we all stop blowing each other up. Serj has a great voice, I've admired that ever since I heard Chop Suey! And his vocal exposure in Mezmerise is nothing short of a kick-right-in-the-ass!

Mezmerise is probably their best albums they've made so far. It's right up there with Toxicity and Steal This Album. My personal favorites from this album have got to be Byob, Cigaro, Question!, Sad Statue, Old School Hollywood, and Lost In Hollywood. This whole album kicks ass and if you are a fan of SOAD then you must buy this album! I can't wait until part 2 of this set, Hypnotize, comes out in the late fall.