Steal This Album! review by System of a Down

• Released: Nov 25, 2002
System of a Down: Steal This Album!

When I was first introduced to System, it was Toxicity. Then Mezmerize which were both great albums. I really like the sound of SOAD. With their political/goth/metal and all. Then I was told all of a sudden that they had another album! The sound on this album is great. Ego Brain is one of the coolest things my ears have ever heard. It's probably my favorite song on the album. 36 has a sweet sound too. Overall the sound on this album is hardcore metal. But I actually think they should have added a little more cool sounding things like Ego Brain.

The lyrics on this album are pretty sweet. Although the verse on fuck the System is totally messed up, almost comical, but thats SOAD for you, extremely political. ADD is one of the songs I'm talking about: "We don't give a f--k about your world... there is no flag large enough to hide the shame of the man in cuffs..." Serj is a really talented singer and is able to sing really fast, like in I-E-A-I-A-I-O. Also, like I mentioned, in F--k The System, you try singing that weird thing he sings. It's really hard!

I think this is a rally great album, better than Mezmerize but it doesn't even compare to Toxicity. I would recommend Toxicity as a first album. The most impressive song on the album is Ego Brain because the sound is just awesome. I love the cool songs with non-metal stuff like Roulette and Ego Brain. I like the songs that are all out metal but they all just get old to fast. If I lost this CD I wouldn't care to much because I have it on my iTunes, but if I didn't have iTunes I would probably buy it just for Ego Brain. I love that song. This is a great album but not System's best! Get Toxicity first!