Steal This Album! review by System of a Down

• Released: Nov 25, 2002
System of a Down: Steal This Album!

Incredible, would be an understatement for such an album. Even though I am not a hardcore SOAD fan, I have to admit this album is one of the best in the last few years as far as hard rock or even metal is concerned. Great ideals, amazing messages, and brilliant sound - that is one way of describing this album. While most bands sat and turned their heads away from the Iraq war, this band along with a few others, showed the world that they are not afraid of the US government.

This has to be the best part of all SoaD albums. With quite political lyrics interpreted in various methods, System Of A Down is the band, not shy of showing the world what they really think. The track boom is a great example. I particularly liked the lyrics in Boom, The Prison Song, Chop Suey, Highway Song, and Fuck The System. The voice of SOAD was really new to me and in more than one way unique, it is a entirely different genre which is pretty awesome.

This is a great album, but Hypnotize and Mezmerize are equally good if not better. The best songs according to me are Needles, Chop Suey, Mr. Jack, Boom!, Prison Song while the rest are also quite decent. I love the fact that they voice opinions fearlessly, and the video of Boom was just the ultimate. This is a genre which is quite new and already mastered by the undisputed System Of A Down. If you ask me, I'd say go ahead and steal this album!