Steal This Album! review by System of a Down

• Released: Nov 25, 2002
System of a Down: Steal This Album!

Anything I say that compliments SOAD would be an understatement. It has been skillfully put together, song by song, riff by riff. This is by far their most enjoyable album. Mixing the light, heavy, and sometimes, the just plain wierd, this is definatly ear candy. According to some sources, Innervision was the hardest song to write in all 66 System Of A Down, and I can agree. All of these songs are worthy of that title, the way they sound. Though I said it about the self-titled album, I hadn't been able to bask in Steal This Album's glory at that point, this is their best album. At I won't change my mind. System Of A Down has also shattered stereotypes, and this CD takes is to the next level. Songs like Chic 'N' Stu are songs that come once every 500 years. They're truely unique to SOAD. From the squeaky short riffs of Chic 'N' Stu, you get these darker, more heavier riffs of Innervision. This album brings the best of both worlds, squeaky, clean riffs, and dark, dirty riffs.

Weird, but with a twist of politcal. Listen to Boom! for the politcal, and Chic' N' Stu for the wierd. There isn't much more to say. SOAD is SOAD. Nothing like it.

It doesn't. Nothing like System Of A Down has ever walked this Earth, and never will. That's good, because you don't want to listen to cookie-cutter bands forever. But sometimes that means that it's going over the edge and trying to hard to be unlike the other bands that it's making songs that wander into uncharted territory when we're not ready. Nevertheless, any SOAD fan must own this, their best album ever. If it was stolen, the theif would be dead. Period. The most impressive songs are definatly Chic' N 'Stu, Innervision, I-A-I-A-I-O, Boom!, and Highway Song. Chic'N'Stu for it's lyrics alone. How many times does a band make a song about food? 1 and it's only been done by SOAD, that I know of. Buy it now.

Axl_Duff_Izzy
    ere black_sabbath mate, since when have chop suey and prison song been on steal this album? never is the answer to that
    humpacow6
    SOAD kicks ass and whoever rates them lower than a 9... should go f@*! themselves
    emkaybee
    Umm... 'GoodCharloteSux' 36 is NOT annoying, its insane and hilarious. And yeah, black_sabbath... wtf? You got kinda mixed up with Steal this album and toxicity huh?
    hendrix117
    I concur! Needles, Prison Song, and Chop Suey are all on Toxicity. And 36 is an amazing song.