Steal This Album! review by System of a Down

• Released: Nov 25, 2002
System of a Down: Steal This Album!

The sound is what distinguishes SOAD from other bands, their diversity, uniqueness, etc. And this really shines through on thins album. With some songs dating back to 1995, before their first gig, it's got a huge range of genres, and you can really feel the influences they've picked up over the years building to the point where they bacame who they are, between the sucess & controversy of Toxicity, to the mainstream sucess of Mezmerize/Hypnotize. This album is very unique, chock-full of tasty riffs and political and 'quacky' (as daron puts it) lyrics.

The lyrics on this album offer a huge range of genres for a huge range of people, from 'Every time you drop the bomb, you kill the God your child has born!' to 'Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, why?' So almost anyone can enjoy at least one song on this album, due to the vocals. Serj's singing is better than ever here, and it is an added bonus that daron pitched in more than he used to, because now they have a chance to harmonise and go places they never would before.

I would say this is their best album, or at least my favourite system album. Hell, it's probably my favourite album out of all I've heard (and that's quite some feat) along with Stone Sour's self-titled. The most impressive songs to me are: Innervision, Boom!, Mr. Jack, I-E-A-I-A-I-O, F--k The System, Ego Brain, Roulette, Streamline. But there is not a bad track on this album, I think. even if one is just filler, then at least it's sounds good. If this was lost or stolen, I'd buy it gain like a shot. I would recommend this album to anyone at all, no matter what you like, considering the sitar solo on guns and the intensly quick vocals on I-E-A-I-A-I-O.

Root Beer
    Kris_HSI
    Root Beer wrote: im only gonna say this on more time (well maybe a few more).... THEY ARE NOT METAL!!! YOU IDIOTS!!!
    of course there not... it only says metal as there genre on there cd
    SnowMan1
    If their not metal than what are they? They are 100% Alternative Metal.
    newbie to pro
    hammet_malakian wrote: STA and Hypnotize are probably the 2 worst in my opinion, i mean i love them both but IEAIAIO and 36 are my least favorite songs they have, and mezmerize was better than hypnotize. but all there albums are amazing
    no waaaay dude I-E-A-I-A-I-O and 36 are two of my favorites and yeah i'll agree that this isnt one of their STRONGEST albums but it's still friken amazing!
    livinginmisery
    Let's rate them (again) 1. A.D.D. 2. I-E-A-I-A-I-O 3. Roulette 4. Ego Brain 5. Boom! 6. Chic-N-Stu 7. Mr. Jack 8. Streamline 9. Innervision 10. Bubbles 11. F**k the System 12. Theatwaves 13. Pictures 14. Nuguns 15. Highway 16. 36
    j-walk
    Steal this album is thier second best album, hands down. It absolutely destroyed everything else released around that time. I remember it came out of nowhere, I was so stoked, Im still not sick of it. Innervision is my fav, serj doin his own harmonies is sweet.
    wildchild6660
    The thing about system is that they don't have a weak link when it comes to skill. Serj, daron, john and shavo all rate a perfect ten at what they do.