Steal This Album! review by System of a Down

• Released: Nov 25, 2002
System of a Down: Steal This Album!

Well first, we can all agree that System of a Down has a very unique sound. Steal This Album! I think is a bit different from their previous albums. No two songs sound the same on this record. Very eclectic record; some somewhat slow songs, and very upbeat/fast songs. The complexity of this ablum is unimaginable. I don't usually listen to drums, but the drums on this album are amazing. Guitar and bass are phenomenal on every song. There is no way you can get bored listening to this album. I believe there are 4 or 5 different CD covers for the record, because each member came up with their own cover, and then there is the generic cover. The record is awesome.

The majority of the lyrics on this album are very political. Even if you're not a political person, this album still rocks. One song in specific, Boom!, is of the singer, Serj, talking. It sounds of if it is a poem, and then the chorus comes in strong. Very few songs on this record have simple lyrics (F--k The System), but they get the message across. The mix of Serj and Daron's voice on the songs compliment the harmony of the songs, which makes it a better record.

This album does not compare to any other album I've ever heard, not even another SOAD album. The variety of songs on the albums gives you a taste of a different side of SOAD. I-E-A-I-A-I-O is one of the best songs on the ablum, in my opinion. The song Streamline is so harmonic, but at the same time very, very hard. Chic 'n' Stu is a funny song but at the same time has a great message. This is my favorite album by SOAD, although there were very few singles released from it. I recommend it.

W.h.o.r.EGuitar
    Some people say this is SOAD weak point but in fact it seems to me like just another strong point.
    smb wrote: This is their weakest album (well, maybe Hypnotise is worse) but it's still got some catchy-as-hell stuff on it. See them live and it's obvious which SoaD songs stand out.
    People don't give this album enoguh credit...don't ANY OF YOU KNOW THAT THESE ARE THE B SIDES FOR TOXICITY!?!] for a b sides disc its pretty ****in sweet
    Rokeman
    conor-rocks wrote: I hate system of a clown... sorry dont go and call me a noob or whatever i just think theyre really mediocre
    then why say that where lots of System of a Down fans would see it? also, this album has some great songs, and yeah some are a bit average, but remember, it's B-sides, unrecorded songs that they had around for a while, and also some stuff they made up just for the album. So it show's all of SOAD's sides in my opinion and i love it.
    conor-rocks
    jma4269
    Has anyone ever noticed how the song by Serj "Empty Walls" is somewhat similar to the song "Roulette"?
    ultimatelefty
    At the Music store I found this album in a package along with their first album for $11. So really I payed $11 for System of a Daown and I stole this album;D! No but seriously good album, especially for B-sides to a friggin amazing album!