System of a Down review by System of a Down

• Released: Oct 12, 1998
System of a Down: System of a Down

Schizophrenic. That is the first word that pop's into my head when thinking about this album. From the opening rants of Suite Pea to the tranquile stoner esque affair that is Peephole it really is a rollercoaster of an album. Having listened to this album so many times, it is the less well known songs that stand out to me and my friend john, songs such as darts and cubert not to mention the angriness of P.L.U.C.K as apposed to the more "Radio Friendly" songs such as sugar and spiders which really does show the strength of this album.

What can I say about the lyrics. Serj Tankien is a modern day shakespeare, only that serj covers a far wider array of topics than mr william ever could. He takes you on an epic journey which includes various stops at comedy,anger,sarcasm and out and out passion. He is the perfect lyricist more importantly the guy ROCKS!

All I can really say is if you do not already own this album as you are reading this review then ask yourself why you aren't running out to the nearest shop to buy it. System Of A Down rules all.