System of a Down review by System of a Down

• Released: Oct 12, 1998
System of a Down: System of a Down

Easily my favorite SOAD album. The guitars are the best guitars I've heard in any of thier albums. The drums are also impressive, especially in Know. Over the years, bass has become more important, and Shavo has pushed the bass to it's max. SOAD has a unique sound that no other band can make, and it will stay that way ages after they had died. Spiders may be one of their best creations yet. It has a deep gothic sound that the bass helps create. Same with Suite-Pee. The intro is so weird, but gets off to a metal-er sound.

I love the way they point out flaws in their songs. Though it is hard to figure out what flaws they are pointing out, and if they are pointing out flaws, it sound sound friggin' cool. Sugar sound awseome when he just randomly puts in "Sugar." Too bad Daron didn't sing in this one. He adds a higher sound to Serj deeper tone.

Again, no other band will ever be like SOAD, even after the band is over and the members are history. Definalty buy it again.

NoSoupForYou711
    what is this dude talking about
    thecameronator
    **** i wish people will stop sayin there nu-metal and mainstream...sure they may be popular but why do u thinnk they havent recorded nearly every 1 of there concerts or even brought out a dvd?????THERE NOT TRYIN 2 BE MAINSTREAM!!!
    hendrix117
    I think this CD rocked! One of SOAD's best by far, even competes with Toxicity.
    RainbowBassist
    If anything, I think this was their best album. The instrumentation on this Cd were incredible! After this CD, the bass music pretty music disappeared, except for once or twice on Steal this Album. The lyrics and vocals were incredible. Serj Tankian is an amazing vocalist, and the lyrics were political, made sense, and really made a point!! Great CD, 10/10. Also, I thought that Spiders was one of the best on the album too... THEY'RE NOT NU-METAL!! THEY'RE METAL. JUST METAL.
    J C
    Shut up - Spiders is an awesome song, one of the best on the album This is definately System's best. It's just all perfect. And PLUCK is an awesome closer...they couldn't do much beter than this...
    hammet_malakian
    NoSoupForYou711 wrote: what is this dude talking about 05. Spiders - slow, boring, one or two notes away from Aerials; however, it still manages to be very haunting (6/10). That has to be one of the best songs on the entire cd... not boring in the least!
    yeh spiders is oone of the best, id have to say the worst is darts but i still like it alot
    liledman_76
    i agree i think spiders is the best song on the cd with pluck in a very close second...one of the only songs where daron does good back up...this was by far their best album and even though it is a fair few years old, it sh!ts on most of the stuff around today
    dakota1211
    omfg guys quit just sayin their political. they are way more than just political. they if you actually try to figure out what songs mean you wouldnt only say their political. just try it
    psyco223
    wait!!wait!!wait P.L.U.C.K is the best song on the whole c.d spiders is such a slow,stupid,boring its just that I...I...I hate that song just pure hate it!!!!! soad rules!!!!