System of a Down review by System of a Down

• Released: Oct 12, 1998
System of a Down: System of a Down

What an amazing CD. Bringing to the table a sound that noone else could master, and System Of A Down itself has found it hard to reproduce, the self titled debut of SOAD is probably of the greatest metal works of all time. Toxicity can't even compare to this powerhouse. Bursting onto the scene with a classic, SOAD really plucked a winner out on this one.

The lyrics from this band are probably what make them so loved. While they give random nonsense and crazy stories about nothing, this band is, in its true form, a serious band with political and social opinions that are deeply reflected in their music. Some of the best "political songs" would be "War?" and "P.L.U.C.K." with the crazy metaphorically titled "Sugar" (hello, drugs) creating some mass pandemonium, along with a great collection of other wacky and deep songs. "Spiders" is a personal favorite. And Serj's voice really emphasizes what he sings.

"System Of A Down" is probably one of the best works that SOAD will ever produce. Compared to some of the lame albums put out by these "hardcore" bands, this album blows them all out of the water and strategically assassinates them all. Probably my favorite songs would be "Sugar", "Suite-Pee", "P.L.U.C.K.", and the classic "War?" I love this album because it's a passionate and emotionally fueled album, has all the best qualities of metal, and brings a lot of new ideas to the table for musicians. Honestly there's not much wrong with this album. No, really. If this album were stolen I'd go find the person who stole it and break each of their limbs in four seperate places, take the album back and put it into a high security safe. If it was lost, I'd just buy it again. Possibly one of the most creative albums of all time, "System Of A Down" is sure to leave a lasting impression on future generations of rockers.

SOADisdabest
    This cd kicks ass and is probably their best, my favorite song on this cd is probably sugar
    sbass12
    i loves soad, and all their albums, including this one, and i love every song.