System of a Down review by System of a Down

• Released: Oct 12, 1998
System of a Down: System of a Down

Simply awesome, the music is so good and the sound is very original, even if your not a fan of alternative metal, you have to appreciate their originality and creativity, no story, mostly aggresive songs, charged by anti-government, songs about murder and suicide, and some songs that I'm not sure are about, they fuse the alternative metal sound with a little bit of middle eastern sound, it's an awesome CD, trust me, it's very weird, and you may not like it at first, but give it a chance.

I love these lyrics on the cd, they're very well thought out, although yea some of them do have that in your face kind of structure, like sugar, suite pee, soil, and war, there are some deep genius lyrics, I love it, the lyrics compliment the music perfect, and Serj's skills are awesome the out of this world yell that Serj does, to soft singing, to middle eastern style singing, to yelling he does it all, and I would say he is one of the better singers around today.

Yes it does compare to the other albums very easily, it's a very sweet album. The most impressive songs, well there are lots but I'll narrow it down, Suite-Pee, Sugar, Spiders, Mind, War?, know, and Soil are my favs. I love just the overall sound that SOAD has, and I love that it's their most aggressive, I don't like maybe 1 or 2 songs, but that's it. If it were lost/stolen, I'd buy it again for sure, trust me folks, check it out, especially if you are a nu-metal or alt metal fan, even if your not you still should give it a chance, becasue it's a killer CD!

livinginmisery
    toxicity is better, but this album is a close second. Best songs are sugar and spiders. Worst song, if it could have a worst song, would have to be darts
    Bondie ivm lord
    Fuck this is their first and best album! oh yeah and i disagree with snowman, toss up between soil and Toxicity (i no its not from this album but its so good) livinginmiserym wats wrong with darts? its a awsome song if u dont like it... u no a system fan lol jks