System of a Down review by System of a Down

• Released: Oct 12, 1998
System of a Down: System of a Down

This System of A Down album has everything old SOAD fans could want. The sound was typical to darren's(the gutarist) guitar skills, giving the listeners attack like riffs and serji's (lead vocalist) crazy ass singing. In this album they used a few diferent styles like, a jewish type of music for example peephole and cubert yet keeping the system we all love with the ever classic sugar. This album, in my opinion, seemed to be the heaviest album of the five.

The lyrics we're simple insane stick it to the man sort of lyrics and at the same time they we're as random as a chocolate ironing board but not as pointless. The lyrics came together with the music like cheese on pizza. Serji's ways of singing are different in most of the songs, one minute he'll be whispering the next he'll be screaming his ass off, and darren screamed in a few song's but not enough to get us to want to rip our ears off, if you know what I mean.

This album has been forgotten about to the ordinary system of a down fan because it's in the shadow of Toxicity but this album had more random lyrics and random music yet Toxicity has the more common songs, like aerials and chop suey. The most significent and impressive song would be sugar, know and Ddevil because sugar is an all time classic, know has a way of making you want to jump around and Ddevil, in my opinion, has the best lyrics on the album. I love every song on this album besides one, spiders. If I lost this album I would be devastated and would go and buy it immediatly even though I have it saved to my compter.

livinginmisery
    Spiders - slow, boring, one or two notes away from Aerials; however, it still manages to be very haunting
    are you crazy, dumbass. Spiders is the best song on the album by far. it is close to aerials though, and haunting
    livinginmisery
    Let's rate the songs 1. Spiders 2. Sugar 3. PLUCK 4. War? 5. Suggestions 7. Mind 8. Suite-Pee 9. CUBErt 10. Darts 11. DDevil 12. Soil 13. Know
    livinginmisery
    psyco223 wrote: wait!!wait!!wait P.L.U.C.K is the best song on the whole c.d spiders is such a slow,stupid,boring its just that I...I...I hate that song just pure hate it!!!!! soad rules!!!!
    UR A FUCKING MORON! Spiders is the #2 song by SOAD of all time (behind Holy Mountains)