Toxicity review by System of a Down

• Released: Aug 27, 2001
System of a Down: Toxicity

If you ask me, this is one of the best CD's ever created. It's great for fans of heavy music, with is super-fast, drop-tuned power chords. If you aren't particularly fond of heavy metal, System Of A Down isn't your average heavy metal group. They aren't the kind of band who spends the entire song screaming. Sure, they do scream some, but not too much, or too little. Some of the songs aren't even all that heavy. Take "Aerials" for example. This is a very good song, and is tolerable in terms of "heaviness". Then again, for you fans of heavy music, there are songs like "Jet Pilot" and "X". This CD offers plenty of variety. When compared to KoRn (not that I don't think KoRn is awesome) SOAD offers many more different sounding songs. If you listen to a KoRn CD all the way through, there may be some songs you like, but most of it just sounds the same. With SOAD I can listen through the entire CD nonstop and still be highly entertained. But don't take my word for it. Go buy it (especially if you've heard a SOAD song and liked it)!