Toxicity review by System of a Down

• Released: Aug 27, 2001
System of a Down: Toxicity

The sound of this album is a breathe of fresh air. Its so different from any other System Of A Down album or any album by any band. 1 of the things that makes this album so different from any other is the wierd sounds they make. For example the guitar solo in "Deer Dance" sounds so wierd. Thats the 1 thing I dont like about this album. The stupid sounds are pretty annoying. The guitaring was solid. The most inmpressive song on guitar has to be "Science." The drumming was great. The most impressive song on drums is probably either "X," "Chop Suey" or "Toxicity." The bass was really impressive especially in "Deer Dance" and was really cool in "Aerials." What I like the most about this album is that most of the songs are pretty easy to play.

The lyrics are meaningful, funny and a little wierd (in a good way). System of a Downs anti-government/war lyrics are really affective. I'm not kidding they made me rebel against stuff too. It's kinda contagious with this CD. System of a Downs singing is at its best on this album. Serj sings the best in "Chop Suey" and Daron sings the best in "Needles." It's all good though.

Toxcity is definetly System Of A Downs best album. It is a must listen to album. After listening to this CD I found out how creative System Of A Down can be. In my opinion, the best song on this album is "Science." All the tracks are really good but "Science" really stands out as the coolest. The intro reminds me of the BYOB intro. They are both awsome. The song I liked the least is "Needles." I think that it's just kinda stupid. The lyrics for that song are good at least. I would definetly recomend this album to any true rock fan.