Toxicity review by System of a Down

• Released: Aug 27, 2001
System of a Down: Toxicity

Ok this is my first review and is on my favourite CD I own at the moment, Toxicity. After their debut you expect they would come back with something pretty heavy, but this is not as heavy as its predocesser, and I like it that way! The first SOAD song I heard was BYOB, but once you listen to Chop Suey and Needles, you know this is a band with talent!

Lyrics I believe are great, daron has a way with the lyrics that are catchy and meaningful, just awesome! The lyrics fit the type of music they try to create really well, Toxicity gets its point across with Serj singing the lyrics in a mood that makes you think about the kind of LA they are trying to portray to you, then in bounce the image of sex is done in those comedy lyrics then theres the one most people know, Chop Suey the lyrics are powerful, menaingful and were written on tour, but just amazing to listen to! A must have just for that song! The highlight of SOAD is Serj, a singer with the best singing I have ever heard, now my fav band is foos but Dave Grohl cannot compare to his singin power! Listen and weep at his greatness!

I am not a big fan of the nu-metal thing, but soad are just too awesome to be missed! Highlights on the album: Chop Suey, Toxicity, Needles, Aerials, Phycho. What I love about this album is it can be pretty heavy (Deer Dance, Prison Song), deep and meaningful (Chop Suey, Toxicity, Airials), and just a bit silly (Needles "Pull the tapeworm out of your ass, hey"). But this creates an album with great songs, great riffs and just overall a great album. A must have for anyone with ears! And if it was stolen I would not hesitate buyin this again, also the robber should be jailed for lettin me go 5 minutes without hearing it!