Toxicity review by System of a Down

• Released: Aug 27, 2001
System of a Down: Toxicity

The sound on this album, wow there are so many ways to descrbe it 1st way funny, 2nd overwhelming, 3rd flabbergasting. The guitar on this album is outrageous with very good guitar work on songs such as Shimmy, Science, Toxicity, Deer Dance, and Chop Suey. The drums are overwhelming on this album with amazing drumbeats in songs like Toxicity and The Prison Song. The bass is fllabergasting, it blew me away in songs such Chop Suey and Toxicity. So amazing sounding album.

The lyrics are very hilarious and also very political in songs like The Prison Song the song is about how America has too many people in prison and it throws out some facts. The chorus of the Prison Song describes America's need to build more prisons, yet it none-too-discretely blames the government for the problem. The song Pogo I find is hilariuos and it is about an imaginary sexual orgy.

This album cannot compare to any other artists because as I mentioned in my other reviews SOAD have their own sound of genres mixed. I dont have any favourite songs on this album they all kick complete ass in my personal opinio. I love everything about it and I hate nothing about. If it were stolen/lost I would defenitely buy it again. So get this album if you are a fan of any genre you will be amazing.

HeatHen
    One of the best records ever released. Not many records have so many great songs. Chop Suey, Forest, Prison Song, Deer Dance, Science, ATWA, Toxicity, Psycho, Shimmy, Aerials... Thats almost the whole album! Most of the albums hav usually just 1-4 good songs. Almost all of System songs are good, except couple of songs in Steal this Album
    dakota1211
    well i like all their albums evenly. except steal this album! it has good songs but not my cup of tea!