Toxicity review by System of a Down

• Released: Aug 27, 2001
System of a Down: Toxicity

First off SOAD is one of the most original bands there is today. Especially in metal (they're not nu metal by the way). They have amazing talent all around except for the bass. Daron's guitar isn't the most complex, but you haven't heard riffs like his. John's drumming might be the best in the business just see his drumming on Toxicity. I never knew drumming could actually sound so cool before I heard Chop Suey! and Toxicity. His stuff is harder to play than most death metal bands in my opinion just look at Deer Dance! The only bad thing about this album is the crappy bass. Shavo does not know how to play bass only guitar. Daron played the bass on future recordings that how bad Shavo sucks.

Lyrics are brilliant. They are some of the most intelligent lyrics and sound like they came from some ancient poet like Homer. They can be interpreted many different ways just take a look at the song Chop Suey! "I cry when angels deserve to die." Need I say more? Serj is also extremely talented and the most talented in the whole band I think. He sings in tenor a difficult mode to sing in rock and still pulls it off!

This is probably the best metal album since LD50 and I don't think it's going to be topped any time soon. Chop Suey! is probably the best song ever made just listen to it if you don't believe me. The only thing I hate about it is the bass. It's ok if you don't have Ryan Martinie or Justin Chancellor as your bassist but can you actually play the bass Shavo?

Darkspear
    bigredjj10
    Darkspear wrote: iv heard daron live and he really dont sucks, hes awesome just like serj. Serj wouldnt let daron sing if he was suking... And u cant say soad is only metal or nu-metal. It is nothing, its Soad.
    i quite agree