Toxicity review by System of a Down

• Released: Aug 27, 2001
System of a Down: Toxicity

Brining on the heavy is what System Of A Down is all about. They are clean maybe 15% of the record which is a pretty low percentage and maybe a good change of pace for all of that quiet stuff going around. The sound stays very constant which I suppose could be good but even with SOAD, it never gets old.

System Of A Down has the second best lyrics ever after Tool. These guys are politi-metal masters of the universe and it is quite entertaining how all of their songs either insult or downgrade the government or police force. But the best things SOAD tries to symbolize are the problems within our nation. Daron and Serj make a great team.

SOAD is a one of a kind band that will never have a close match to anyone else and will always change and be different in a way that will shock the world evry time. Best songs: my favorite is Deer Dance, Toxicity, Chop Suey, Prison Song, Aerials, and Science. They all have great guitar and drum parts. The bass part is hard to hear which means Shavo was just keeping us on our toes.

System_fan101
    Chop Suey! Is definitly the best song on this entire album. I love how it starts with some quiet chords, then leads up to loud guitar and bass.