Toxicity review by System of a Down

• Released: Aug 27, 2001
System of a Down: Toxicity

This is probably the best System of a Down album they ever released! I have been a fan of SOAD for a while but this was the album that got me hooked. The sound of this album is incredible! The guitar, drums and bass always go so well together no matter what song it is. The majority of the songs are Nu-Metal but with a few slower rock songs thrown in with it. The solo presented at the end of Psycho really gets to you making it the best part of the song. Im not a fan of the slower rock but i loved the way SOAD presented it. Sound deserves a 9.

Serj's voice is just amazing, I could never get tired of it. Daron's backup vocals compliment the song really well giving more spice to the song. Alot of the songs are about really important subjects such as war, political, the consiquences of drugs, and pollution. The vocals in Chop Suey! just blew me away. Some songs such as bounce may be a bit hard to understand the meaning but when you read up on the meaning, you will suddenly realize how good the song is, even though before you were confused. Lyrics certainly deserve a 10.

This is one of the best albums ive ever heard! I recommend the songs Chop Suey!, Toxicity, Aerials, Deer Dance, Bounce, Prison Song, Needles, Jet Pilot, X, ATWA, Forest, Psycho, Shimmy and Science... ok thats all the songs but most importantly Science, Chop Suey!, Toxicity and Aerials. I love everything about this album, nothing in there I can say I hate. If it were stolen or lost, I wouldnt wait a minute to buy a new copy. SOAD deserve every bit of credit given to them for this excellent masterpiece!

Gollum15
    I love this album so much I could SCREAM ,and I have many times!!!The songs that I like off of this album are X,Chop Suey,Forest,Science,Toxicity and Aerials!!! If they didn't have such complex tuning and fast guitar and long guitar solos I would learn all of their songs!!! BREAKING NEWS SYSTEM OF A DOWN IS GETTING BACK TOGETHER TO PUT OUT ANOTHER ALBUM IN 2009 THEY WENT ON THEIR KNEES PRETTY MUCH AND BEGGED SERJ TANKIEN TO COME BACK AND HE DID THAT IS WHY I AM SOOOOO EXCITED,PUMPED AND VERY HAPPY!!!