Toxicity review by System of a Down

• Released: Aug 27, 2001
System of a Down: Toxicity

I think this CD is one of their biggest blowouts ever. The music on this CD is with no doubt System of a Down's best. The music styles used are basically some Hard Rock, some Metal, a little Punk/Garage, and very little Slow Rock. Also, if you look at the album art on the front for about 15 seconds, you will randomly start to laugh. It works, like they say, laughter is an instant vacation.

If you are looking for songs that have meaning you have found the right CD. Some of the lyrics are confising and awkward, while some are persuasive and grasping. The singer (Serj Tankian) has an unusually hypnotizing voice that is really entertaining to hear. He can sing and scream great!

This album compares to other CDs basically like: you can't judge an artist by what's on the outside of the album, you have to listen to the music to like it. Prison Song, Chop Suey!, Atwa, Shimmy, Toxicity, and Aerials are the most impressive songs. I would not buy it again because I already have it ripped to my computer. But, if I didn't have it ripped, I would definetely buy it again.