Born To Boogie [DVD] review by T. Rex

• Released: Jun 7, 2005
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 8
T. Rex: Born To Boogie [DVD]

I have always loved Marc Bolan and T. Rex my whole life, they just struck me as great and it's a shame how they all died except Billy Legend the drummer. Well, there are two movies on the 2 disc set, 1 is the concert and some skits done by Marc and Ringo Starr, the drummer from The Beatles. The Second video is a documentry done by Rolan Bolan, Marc's only son. He talks to all the people who helped Marc in his carrer. Namly his producers and people he played with. The story in it self is really When T. Rex Ruled the world and a private concert thrown for people who were invited while walking the streets. Marc's producers walked up to random fans on teh street and said how would you like a private show by T. Rex and they gave them an admissions ticket and it was abouta 1000 person show, I'm not 100% sure on that.

Content — 8
The DVD features were the same as everyother live track, you can chose the song chose from the 2 dvds and see the trailer for it that was set up in 1979. I loved the part that they tried to show their sense of humor by making skits but to me the song choice wasn't that good. Maybe because they only had about 3 albums out or they asked for requests I don't know, the song list could have been better. But what was really great is they added Ringo and Elton John playing in the group with them and that made a masterpiece.

Production Quality — 8
ITs all you can expect really they didn't do any color changes or anythign and the behind the scenes was filmed by Ringo himself. But they tried some tricks like during the skits out doors in the background a picture of marc would slide around in the and the recording of teh show was great too.

Well if I had this stolen or lost I would have to buy it again just because I love T. Rex but also because is a great item for any rock collector. I mean I have a lot of Queen Zeppelin Pink Floyd Nirvana Rage against the machine, but none of them did a behind the scenes look or anythign like that. For me I give it a great 9 I would givve it a 10 but because of the song choice I cant. If I was a musician and wanted to check out how to draw a crowd or even if I was just a fan of the music and wanted somethign to enjoy I would buy this because it is really somethign you could watch over adn over again and not get bored. I hope this review helped, I will be sending in more soon.