Born To Boogie [DVD] Review

artist: T. Rex date: 05/21/2007 category: compact discs
T. Rex: Born To Boogie [DVD]
Released: June 7, 2005
Marc Bolan had the looks, style, and bearing of rock star, and T. Rex: Born To Boogie offers proof positive that he was just that. What this handsomely packaged two-disc set has in spades, along with fine, painstakingly-restored sound and picture, is bonus features, including extended concert footage and a couple of good documentaries narrated by Bolan's son, Rolan.
 Content: 9
 Production Quality: 9
 8.7
 9.3
 8.1
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this album:
Born To Boogie [DVD] Reviewed by: don spurway, on august 19, 2005

Sound: The DVD version of 'Born To Boogie' features remastered sound quality. Many would be familiar with Bolan and 'T Rextacy', and within that their uniqeu style and pioneering of the glam-rock genre. Born to Boogie was one of the many rock-n-roll movies made in the '60s and '70s, on par with the lives of The Who's 'Tommy' and Led Zeppelin's 'The Song Remains The Same'. Directed by Ringo Starr and featuring the likes of Elton John, plus the classic T Rex line-up, 'Born To Boogie' is the epitomy of what rock was in the early seventies. // 10

Overall Impression: A number of highlights feature on the DVD, most prominantly a seering version of Children Of The Revolution featuring Ringo Starr on a second drum kit and Elton John on keys, bizarre sketches and in my mind one of the best set closers in history; Marc playing his guitar with a tambourine, but not before smashing two other tambourines to pieces in true rock style. A must have for any rock fan. // 10

Born To Boogie [DVD] Reviewed by: HawkmanJL, on may 21, 2007

Sound: I have always loved Marc Bolan and T. Rex my whole life, they just struck me as great and it's a shame how they all died except Billy Legend the drummer. Well, there are two movies on the 2 disc set, 1 is the concert and some skits done by Marc and Ringo Starr, the drummer from The Beatles. The Second video is a documentry done by Rolan Bolan, Marc's only son. He talks to all the people who helped Marc in his carrer. Namly his producers and people he played with. The story in it self is really When T. Rex Ruled the world and a private concert thrown for people who were invited while walking the streets. Marc's producers walked up to random fans on teh street and said how would you like a private show by T. Rex and they gave them an admissions ticket and it was abouta 1000 person show, I'm not 100% sure on that. // 9

Overall Impression: Well if I had this stolen or lost I would have to buy it again just because I love T. Rex but also because is a great item for any rock collector. I mean I have a lot of Queen Zeppelin Pink Floyd Nirvana Rage against the machine, but none of them did a behind the scenes look or anythign like that. For me I give it a great 9 I would givve it a 10 but because of the song choice I cant. If I was a musician and wanted to check out how to draw a crowd or even if I was just a fan of the music and wanted somethign to enjoy I would buy this because it is really somethign you could watch over adn over again and not get bored. I hope this review helped, I will be sending in more soon. // 9

Comments