Electric Warrior review by T. Rex

• Released: Sep 24, 1971
T. Rex: Electric Warrior

Considering the tracks on this bad boy were recorded in 1971, I'd say it sounds pretty friggin' good. A nice mix of acoustic and electric, the T. Rex sound will give you a good blast in the ears. Anyone who has listened to T. Rex will know that there has never been another band like this. Marc Bolan's voice and just the over all album sound is so original. A lot of up-beat, catchy tracks. If your toes don't tap to this, I really don't know what's wrong with you.

Lyrically, a little simpler and more straight forward than other T. Rex albums. I enjoy Marc Bolan's writing skills. He was a very creative guy. Very poetic. His voice just fits the lyrics so well (he did write them after all). Plus listen for his little "uh, uh's". Great fillers. From what I understand, Marc Bolan wanted to reach an American audience, so he made the songs on 'Electric Warrior' a little less complicated than his mythilogical-based tracks from before. So if you're looking for a nice introduction to Marc Bolan and T. Rex, try this album on for size.

Overall. Kick butt album. It's a shame Marc Bolan only lived so long. It's a shame it's so hard to find T. Rex albums in stores. But for those interested, it should be easy to find the 'Electric Warrior' reissue. It comes with 7 bonus tracks, one of those being an interview with Marc Bolan. It's just really interesting to hear. Let's not forget the poster. It's sweet. I just can't say enough about this album. Seriously, pick it up. I love every single song on this album. I can't really say there are any bad tracks on here. Just buy it. Ok? Well, since we're in agreement here, I guess I'll be off. Keep on rockin' good citizens of Rockopolis.

SikkiNixx
    Man, there ain't enough T-Rex tabs on here. Shame, as theyre so incredible.