Dance With Me review by T.S.O.L.

T.S.O.L.: Dance With Me

Dance With Me was T.S.O.L. 's first full-length album. It was released in 1982 and has a very good sound quality. It comes in clear and thick, it has a great punk sound. T.S.O.L. sound quite similar to The Misfits on this album, which was probably their best known contemporary. The drums are loud and fast, the bass is full and thick, and the guitar is distorted but has a nice buzz and ring to it.

I think the lyrics on this album are the best on any T.S.O.L. album. Their lyrics are about drugs, sex, music, and have a gothic twist. Especially in their most famous song "Code Blue", when they say "I wanna f--ck the dead". Other gothy-punk lyrics can be heard on songs like "Sounds Of Laughter" and "Dance With Me".

This is probably my most favorite punk album of all time. Other albums that it can easily compare to are the Bad Brains "Bad Brains", Misfits "Static Age", and Black Flags "Damaged". I think the guitarist, Ron Emory, created several great punk riffs, some of the best of all time. It's to bad that after their next full-length album that the original T.S.O.L. split up and became a much more volatile band. T.S.O.L. is one of my all time favorite bands, and this album proves how worthy they really are.