Louder Now review by Taking Back Sunday

• Released: Apr 25, 2006
Taking Back Sunday: Louder Now

The bands sound is still relatively similar to their previous albums but this time a bit heavier in places. This is their first major label release which of course makes them sell-outs (im joking btw) and their sound is now more varied and basically louder which makes the title seem appropriate.

The lyrics are slightly more strange and darker which you should expect as most bands are shifting towards "emo" slightly. The lyrics fit nicely with the music and the melodies are incredibly good which gives the album a poppy edge just like their previous releases. Adam Lazzara isnt the best singer ever but this does not matter because his voice fits the music.

This album is just as good as their previous releases and whereas many fans will still prefer Tell All Your Friends I think this is a very good effort. The best songs on the album are the first single MakeDamnSure, previously released Error Operator and Spin. I love the fact the production has made it heavier and if stolen or lost I would would definately get it again. 1 more plus, it's longer than their first 2 albums.

TeenBite
    I think Adam Lazzara is a pretty good singer, because he knows what he's doing. He's obviously been well trained, and can hit some pretty high notes without sounding whiney. Also, he contrasts brilliantly with Fred.
    lostfuze
    I'm loving Louder Now. There will never be a Tell All Your Friends album, so im just enjoying the music now for what it is... and not what it COULD have been. Def. an 8 or 9 if I had to score it.
    Goodeyesniper24
    ive been listenin to it, it seems the music is a bit more complicated than the last 2 cd's i dont know if i just me, i luv the cd though get a 9 for me
    savethellamas
    it's been on mtv.com for a week. so you don't even have to listen to it illegally. and like lostfuze said, there's never gonna be another tell all your friends, so i'm sick of people whining that it's not as good. take it for what it is, which is a very good album with many single-worthy songs, i love the opener "whats it feel like..", "my blue heaven" is very appealing, "spin" might be my favorite, "up against" is good, of course you've all heard "makedamnsure", which i think is the most like their old stuff. i think i like this new cd better than where you want to be. tell all your friends: 10/10, where you want to be: 7/10, louder now: 8.5/10