Louder Now review by Taking Back Sunday

• Released: Apr 25, 2006
Taking Back Sunday: Louder Now

Within a week of listening to 'Louder Now', my exact words were "F--k me how this band have grown!" Their songs not only seem stronger but more raw and heavier (hence the albulm name). Their past to Lp's "Tell All Your Friends" and "Where You Want To Be", were the gradual musical progressions of T.B.S. Through "Louder Now", we can witness a band who have truely found their sound, and have perfected it to the maximum. With such tracks as "Liar (it takes one to know one)", and "Up Against (Blackout)", the albulm is already infectious, with their catchy melodies and songwriting, and the re-recording of "Error Operator", brings this catchy melody to a whole new level of ass kicking. The last song which draws the albulm to epic close "I'll Let You Live", sees Eddie Reyes and Fred opt for a Mars Volta-esq sound, with the echoing clean guitar effects in the pre-chorus, and unlikley influence for the long island Rockers. Adam Lazzara and lead guitarist Fred Mascherino, have outstanding chemistry with their share of the vocals, and both guitarists Eddie Reyes and Fred have augmented their riffage to the full. The riffs are less textbook generic punk rock, a style wich can be witnessed with "Tell All Your Friends", instead they've managed to come up with screeching solos, such as the one demonstrated in "Miami", a melow rock anthem, with a suprising solo towards the end of the epic masterpiece. Two years ago, when "where you want to be", hit the shops worldwide, I could tell T.B.S had progressed their sound, though it seems with their current debut albulm "Louder Now", the sound has only become a huge amount better, more structured albulm, in contrast to "Where You Want To Be".

Adam Lazzara, seems to easily portray the young, cocky mannor, needed by every frontman, but demonstrates this mannor as if he was born with it, instead of putting it on where it becomes agonisingly painful (Wil Francis of Aiden). Fred Mascherino, sings more on this albulm, which suggests that he and Adam have both been contributing to the lyrics, to help generate the remedy needed to display the catchy infectious lyrics of T.B.S.

To conlude, I can ensurely advise anyone to try this albulm out, even if T.B.S may not be your "thing", I'm convinced their's something for everyone in the LP. With "Louder Now", Taking Back Sunday, can finally get out there to introduce their sound to the masses and, more importantly, tour their ass off to proceed with world domination! A token which if they manage to grasp, would be well-deserved.

Thania
    ^ Hahaha. That is the stupidest thing i read. anywayyy, anyobody has ever heard of Brooklyn?? They shouldve put it on the album
    SaintJimmy105
    MusicMan666 wrote: this cd fallacious and absolute shit. THese people can't play guitar. There just noise. Shitty noise. End bad music
    That honestly has to be the most ignorant thing I've ever heard. If these guys can't play guitar, then maybe you should show us how its done. Hmm? And besides this is just major trolling.
    fox69
    MusicMan666 : this cd fallacious and absolute shit. THese people can't play guitar. There just noise. Shitty noise. End bad music
    wow ur cool. if they can't play guitar hows about you get signed to a major label an make a kick ass CD. when u do that i'll believe u. on topic tho, awsume CD. the 1st TBS album i bought an i gotta say i am so impressed. im gonna write a review for it once i let it sink in fer a lil while longer.