Louder Now review by Taking Back Sunday

• Released: Apr 25, 2006
Taking Back Sunday: Louder Now

This was my 1st TBS album, but I was pretty familiar with their music to begin with. Louder Now is an absolutely awesome CD and TBS have become one of my favorites because of this album. With this being their major label debut, the quality of every song is great, and the whole band sounds awsume. The guitars roar and the bass really stands out while the drums meld perfectly with each songs beat. I also like how much emotion seems to be put into each song.

The lead singer's vocals are actually very impressive. He has quite a bit of talent and his voice is perfect for the band. The backing vocals are also very well done, except that all they do sometimes is repeat wat the lead singer has already said. Lyrically, the albums pretty good, but not spectacular, with a few chorus' that are just repeated phrases, but the verses are very witty and diverse.

I believe TBS has turned slightly to the mainstream with this album, but I'm not going to be one who accuses them of selling out, cuz quite simply, they didnt. stand out songs are definetly "MakeDamnSure", "What's It Feel Like To Be A Ghost", "Liar", "Twenty-Twenty Surgery", "Spin", and "Miami". These are the cream of the crop, but the other songs are by no means bad, they just didnt stick out fer me. I would highly recommend this album, and if I ever lost it, I'd definetly buy it again.