Louder Now review by Taking Back Sunday

• Released: Apr 25, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 4 Poor
Taking Back Sunday: Louder Now

I bought this album after I heard their single, "Make Damn Sure". It has distorted guitars, simple drums, and virtually invisble bass. It first, I'm like "This is a cool song" but when I heard the rest it was emo-ish. It sounded kinda depressing and I didn't like it. Some songs are good, like Make Damn Sure, and What It Feels Like To Be A Ghost. I don't like the sad feeling and the minor keys of the songs. The album itself is really really bland.

The lyrics are really really really emo. Even though Taking Back Sunday has said they aren't emo, they really are. All of the songs are about dying, how they can't be what they want to be, and how they can't do what they want to do. I think Adam Lazzara has a really nice voice, but his lyrics totally ruin it. The lyrics match perfectly with the music: bland and depressing.

This album kinda sucks in my opinion. It's emo and that's not my taste. I didn't know that Taking Back Sunday was emo when I bought this, just that MakeDamnSure was a cool song. The best and only good song from this CD is Make Damn Sure. I think emo is a fad and will come and go. Next big in thing will be futuristic space suits and urine influenced music. I would never buy this album again.

gdrocks2230
    You have to give it to them... these lryics are MUCH MUCH MUCH less emo than their early stuff. Plus, judging a band or artist off of their genre is prejudism. I'm not accusing you of being prejusice, I'm just putting that point out their.
    punkrcksk8er182
    i love louder now theyve machureed but have became alot lesss emo which is great but the guitar also got more comlicated which i like
    ToniToronto
    i ****in love this album, i bought right after their gig at the give it a name 2006 festival in london. its such an awesome record. my favourite songs are liar, spin, miami, makedamnsure great band, great record