Louder Now review by Taking Back Sunday

• Released: Apr 25, 2006
Taking Back Sunday: Louder Now

I think that Taking Back Sunday have, through this album, improved their song writing and music while keeping the same style of music. Eric Valentine (also known for his works with Third Eye Blind and Queens Of The Stone Age) has done a great job producing the album. The artists involved have a very creative style, they have maintained that style over the years, and have kept it their own. Their music is very catchy and sounds amazing.

My impression of the lyrics is that a lot of work goes into them. Though they may not seem to, the lyrics are very deep and have a lot of meaning. Their lyrics go very well with their music making them irresistable to listen to. Adam Lazzara and Fred Mascherino have gone a long way with their singing. Adam has obviously improved his singing in this album and has a better range. Adam, aswell as singing in a low tone, also sings in a high, smooth tone about two octaves above Fred adding to the texture of their songs. An example of this is in the song "Make Damn Sure" where in the verse Adam takes the lead in singing a low, but smooth tone, and then takes his voice up resulting in a high pitched pre-chorus (here Adam doesn't sing at his best, but it adds to the texture of the song) and chorus.

Taking Back Sunday are not the best of bands, but they sure do put a dent in the range of styles compared to other bands. Their most impressive songs would be "Liar ( It Takes One To Know One)," "Make Damn Sure," "My Blue Heaven," "Spin," and "I'll Let You Live." These songs would be impressive because the most talent has gone into the skill in playing the instruments mostly in "Spin" and "I'll Let You Live" with amazing riffs and solos. I love everything about this band, their style, their singing, their music, their lyrics, pretty much everything about them. If my Taking Back Sunday: "Louder Now" Album CD was stolen, it would not be the end of the world, but I would buy it again.