Louder Now review by Taking Back Sunday

• Released: Apr 25, 2006
Taking Back Sunday: Louder Now

I absolutely love Taking Back Sunday's style in this album. It's a little darker and harder than their other cds. I think the story behind this CD is basically the songs are loaded with high octane drums, soaring riffs CD soar more than ever in this CD than in their previous cds. Taking Back Sunday has done it again with another impressive cd. Even though a lot of bands have fallen to a darker side, including Taking Back Sunday, this album relfects their true feelings and lets a little bit of emotion be discovered than in their previous cds. True, Taking Back Sunday fans may love the other styles heard before in 'Tell All You're Friends' and in the sophomore album, 'Where You Want To Be', but quality wise, this CD is a bit more impressive on the guitar parts. The power chords are more broad and nothing too specific. Fred's lead guitar on such songs as spin, miami, and error: operator are just examples and fragments of what this band is capable of doing. Matt's fast bass picking gives an influence with slides and bends heard on I'll Let You Live and Up Against.

The lyrics are nice except some words are repeated a lot. such as "Twenty Twenty Sugery", "Liar", "Miami", "Up Against", and a lot of their songs that seem to repeat some lyrics over and over. Adam's vocal quality isnt the best, and sometimes hard to understand, but it gets the job done and I think his voice quality is perfect for the taking back sunday style. His style is addicting and just makes me wonder how he hits those high notes. The lyrics with the back and forth style between Fred and Adam add a unique flavor such as the climatic ending of makedamnsure and the explosive and deep ending to my blue heaven. Fred's screaming is nothing but exceptional, even though he could exercise some notes to add some deeper impact.

I like this album a lot 'cause I listen to a lot of Fall Out Boy (when they weren't famous), All-American Rejects (when they weren't famous), Relient K, Hawthorne Heights, Sugarcult, Underoath and many others that are fitted in this category. I think the best songs in the CD are "What's It Feel Like To Be A Ghost", "Liar", "Makedamnsure", "My Blue Heaven", "Twenty Twenty Surgery", "Spin", "Miami", and "Error Operator." If this CD was stolen I'd probably go mad and beat the guy that took my cd. this is such a great cd, I think I might buy another one, just kidding. Also, since the live DVD has been released, I had bought that also, and is nothing but awesome.