Tell All Your Friends review by Taking Back Sunday

• Released: Mar 26, 2002
Taking Back Sunday: Tell All Your Friends

This was Taking Back Sunday's first, and, in my opinion, best. Keeping it simple, Taking Back Sunday's genius is not in their complexity of music or lyrics, but in that they have a great progressive sound, they keep the music light (although the album does have its dark moments), and put emotion into the album to make it work. Probably the best part of this album is indeed the mood you get when you hear the songs. Not the most musically complex, the band doesn't aim to be Van Halen or Led Zeppelin, they keep the solos light, and aim for a cohesive sound of double vocals over guitars, drums, and bass.

The best part of the lyrics is definitely the infectiousness of them. After two or three listens, they start to play in your head. "You Know How I Do"'s opening line (So sick, so sick of being tired, and also tired of being sick) sets the mood for the rest of the album's lyrics. Almost all have great lyrics (in particular There's No "I" In Team, a song actually aimed as a response to Brand New's "Seventy Times Seven", even going so far as to use some of the same lyrics) while, in my opinion the only one that doesn't is the exit track "Head Club", which is still a fantastic song. Whether or not they strike your heart or not, the lyrics are fun and infectious, and will have you singing them over and over again.

This album is fantastic, simplistic, extraordinary. The songs are great, and, as a full listen, the album blends perfectly, capturing the fire of youth while not going too far into the emo style, keeping the songs as light as possible without losing the edge to them. A great effort and one of my all-time favorite albums, Tell All Your Friends is an amazing effort by a (once) amazing band.

im_bored
    Co&Ca182 wrote: This Is By Far Their Best CD I Think. You Know How I Do Is SUCH! A Good Song. I Was Veryyyy Disappointed With Lounder Now...It Was Really Boering And Alot Of The The Songs Sound The Same...But I Still Love Where You Wanna Be And Tell All Your Friend...TBS Rocks.
    exactly
    Give_em Hell
    lmao: **** you u prolly listen to shitty rock like nickelback musicmann666: you wouldnt kno music if it bit you in the ass
    corrie_911
    the last reviewer is an idiot. fred isn't even on this CD. just another dumb fan who thinks everyone in this band is AMAZING OMG!!! taking back sunday is good. they have good lyrics and decent vocals. they are nowhere near amazing. i am a huge fan but let's face it. they're not creative with their riffs at all and the drumming is very simple. so let's keep the word amazing away from modern bands, k?
    lmao
    actually i don't like nickelback either. i like the beatles. and radiohead. and marijuana. so bite me.