Where You Want to Be review by Taking Back Sunday

• Released: Jul 27, 2004

Taking Back Sunday is great. No question. They have such a unique sound. I could listen to them day in and day out. As a matter of fac, that's exactly what I do. They manage to make every song as catchy as the one before. A hard task to accomplish I must say. They never fall into a creative rut. They are amazing.

TBS have mastered the art or repetition. They can say something in a song 50 times and it still doesn't get annoying. A good example of this is in the song "A Decade Under the Influence". The guitarist sings "I got a bad feeling about this" so many times. But listening to it, you just don't care. You actually feel like singing it with him so many times as well. Plus, the lead singer's voice is great. He's not a perfect singer, but I think the beauty of it is, he embraces that. His voice even breaks in some songs (not as much as Tell All Your Friends, which proves he has become a better singer), but even still it sounds great.

This is by far one of the best cds this year. With every song being equally as good, what's there not to like? If you like The Used, or Funeral For A Friend, or even Yellowcard, you'll like Taking Back Sunday. If I was to lose my cd, which would be impossible 'cause I'm so protective of it (actually, I'd salute the person who stole it 'cause it would take quite an attempt on their part. Then I'd ruin their sh--t 'cause I'd realize they just stole one of the best cds of the year!) I'd pick up another copy ASAP! I suggest you do the same!