Where You Want to Be review by Taking Back Sunday

• Released: Jul 27, 2004

I first heard TBS when I got the Spiderman 2 soundtrack. The song "This Photograph Is Proof (I Know You Know)" is on the CD, but it wasn't until I heard "A Decade Under The Influence" that I was really interested in the band. So, I went out to get the CD "Where You Want To Be," and I was actually surprised at what I found. The 3 singles Taking Back Sunday had chosen for the record were good, but pale in comparison to some other songs. The sound is kind of an emo feel, with more punk and other stuff in it. Adam's voice is awsome, and does so many things. In this CD, the sound goes from loud, to almost too loud, to soft, then loud again. The sound is great and very unique.

The lyrics on the album are not what you would expect from this band. They can be fun, but in songs such as "New American Classic" get very emotional and sweet. I'm not sure, but if you listen to the cd start to finish, you may be able to make out a story. The lyrics are great and in my opinion, way better than the previous "Tell All Your Friends."

In conclusion, this is a very good album. If your not farmiliar with TBS, consider borrowing it from a friend first, but otherwise, go buy it. The best songs on the CD are "A Decade Under The Influence," "New American Classic" and "...Slowdance On The Inside." If I lost it, I would buy it again.