Time To Burn review by Taking Dawn

• Released: Jan 26, 2010
Taking Dawn: Time To Burn

The band is very good. They sound like a very talented and well (although minimally) produced 80's band.The album is unfortunately only about 45 minutes but is full of great songs. Each song is different and has a distinct hook, but they all have their distinct guitar playing. The songs have a fairly broad range from fast high energy songs ("So Loud", "Fight 'Em With Your Rock"), emotionally powerful and catchy songs ("Take Me Away", "Never Enough"), and a surprising but very well played cover of "The Chain". They sound great live too.

The lyrics are good, they sound very 1980's (all about girls, sex and rebellion). The lyrics are good but fit great with the music they play. The singer has a good baritone-tenor vocal range and is very expressive with his voice. He has a very 80's sounding singing style.

They don't sound like any specific other artist but the guy at the merch booth had a very apt description calling them "a cross between Avenged Sevenfold and Skid Row". The most impressive songs are "Take Me Away", "Never Enough", "Endlessly" and "The Chain". I love the sound, the guitars, the hooks and really everything. There is nothing I hate, I find "Fight 'Em With Your Rock" to be the weakest song. I would buy this again, I already bought the full CD after owning three of the tracks from the demo instead of buying the missing songs online so yes I would buy it if it was stolen.