Blue-Sky Research review by Taproot

• Released: Aug 16, 2005
Taproot: Blue-Sky Research

I gotta say this 3rd effort by Taproot shows the band as a whole stronger than ever. The guitars are great in here and creative, bass as usual is very good, and the drums are on top of it. I felt that this CD shows a level of maturity in song writing that by far blows away any of there previous 2 efforts (Gift and Welcome). I very much enjoyed how this CD sounded, on all overall levels.

Lyrics are strong, powerful, and deal with many topics. Stephen Richards song writing skills were very good but a major improvement can already be noticed here. And Billy Corgan is able to add more to the lyrics on the songs Violent Seas, Lost in the Woods, Promise. Also it is noticable taht Stephen Richards is using a much more natural voice, and the maturity of his voice is quite noticable on this album, making this a much more listenable album.

Overall this CD was very powerful and well done, and completely blows away Taproot's first 2 CDs. This CDs is a major and positive step forward for Taproot's musical career. I absolutely loved how the voice of Stephen Richards has improved on this CD and how the song writing has become more complex than there first 2 efforts, but what I found incredibly good about this album that tere was nothing to hate about it. Choice songs on this CDs are: I Will Not Fall For You, Violent Seas, Birthday, Facepeeler, Forever endeavor, April Suits, Blue-Sky Research/What's Left. This is definately one of the best albums of the year and and any fan will love this cd and any new comer will be incredibly impressed. Taproot is trying to stand out as a quality and individual band, and with this CD they do just so.