Blue-Sky Research review by Taproot

• Released: Aug 16, 2005
Taproot: Blue-Sky Research

This album is deffinately a triumph. The Blue-Sky Research is not like it's predecessors (Gift, Welcome). Though they were good albums they cannot match the sound of Blue-Sky Research. Steven Richards sounds alot more natural on this album and it is alot clearer to make out the lyrics. The guitar riffs in songs like Calling, Birthday, Face Peeler and Forever Endeavor are unforgetable. They have really put more effort into ther guitar and bass works aswell as there lyrics.

The lyrics in Blue-Sky Research stray from the original state of depression brought on by the first two albums. They focus more on relationships rather than contimplating on how much they hate themsleves. Steve has reformed his vocal style rather than Screaming every second word he put more melody into it and it sounds more natural. Don't get me wrong loud screams are good but sometimes it is also good to see a change.

Overall I would say that this is one of the best CD's I have listened to in a while. I would deffinately recommend purchasing this album. The Sound and lyrical quality is unforgetable I would put this album in my top ten.