Taylor Swift review by Taylor Swift

• Released: Oct 24, 2006
Taylor Swift: Taylor Swift

This album is hand downs one of the best releases of 2006 in the Country music scene. I originally purchased this album last October after I saw her "Tim Mcgraw" music video and it still hasn't disappointed me yet. The album is flawless in the fact that it is able to deliver songs that are catchy and fun but at the same time depressing as songs like "Teardrops On My Guitar" and "Cold As You" slow down the tempo of the album. The album is also enhanced which means that you get the "Tim McGraw" music video and a short clip of her performing at the Opry's as a bonus. The album art is really cool and Taylor embedded some hidden messages in her lyrics. The interplay between the classic Nashville sound has also contributed to this album's success.

The lyrics on this album are great considering that she is still only 17 years and the fact that she co-wrote all of her songs. She also plays the acoustic guitar on about 7 of these songs and that added a very personal touch to the cd. Taylor's voice is relatively powerful as songs like "Picture To Burn" showcase her country roots. However, did does not sound like Miranda Lambert as you all of you may have of already realized. The best way to describe the sound of this album is to liken it to a pop album and hits of country here and there.

Out of the four cds that I purchased in 2006 (Silverstein: 18 Candles, Miranda Lambert: Kerosene, Radio Racer: Away from California, and this album)I would have to say that this is my favorite. The songs on the album never get boring and I really have fallen in love with it. The only con that I can think of is the fact that "I'D Lie" was put on this album. Nevertheless, if this album were to be stolen, I would definitely cough out another $10 to the local Wal-Mart because this album is pure gold.

kiss.not.kill
    taylor swift's album is my #1 this season...she is such an inspiring person for girls that play guitar and want to get somewheretaylor swift's album is my #1 this season...she is such an inspiring person for girls that play guitar and want to get somewhere taylor swift's album is my #1 this season...she is such an inspiring person for girls that play guitar and want to get somewhere