Seven Circles review by Tea Party

• Released: Aug 24, 2004
Tea Party: Seven Circles

The album ranges from some more powerfull and heavy sounding songs such as Writings On The Wall and Overload to some softer and more melodic ones like Wishing You Would Stay and Oceans. Their middle eastern sound they have is prevalent in a couple of the songs on this CD. The guitar and singing by Jeff Martin is absolutley amazing, Stuart Chatwood does a great job on the bass and keyboard, and Jeff Burrows, like always, does a great job on the drums. It's hard to classify what genre their music is in, so I would say it is: hard rock/metal/alternitive rock/rock, depends what song it is.

These are some of the best lyrics I think they have ever came up with. Some of them are big words though so an education would be good to understand them. The lyrics are very strong and they arnt just like the smae old kind of lyrics you would hear with a normal band. In the song Wishing You Would Stay, Canadian Singer Holly McNarland sings together with Jeff Martin. They did some very good work together. The only possible not as strong song I think is Empty Glass, but thats just my opinion.

This Canadian trio proves that they can rock. This is one of their best works ever in my opinion. My personal favourites on this album are Coming back again and Seven Circles. If you have the chance, check those songs out. I love this CD, and I would deffinatly get a new one if it was lost. I cnat wait for their next one, I'm sure it will be just as good.

SmellKellHell
    Honestly I have not bothered to listen to anything off this album, just the single. But even after saying that, Tea Party is still my favourite Canadian band. For their 'BEST WORK', really you already missed out. Only seeing them perform LIVE can you really hear their best stuff. I believe SPLENDOR SOLIS and EDGES OF TWILIIGHT have the best song composition. And their EP ALHAMBRA really expands nicely on a few tracks. Plus if you're wondering why the music in Prince of Persia (the newer viersion) video game is so familiar, well Stewart Chatwood (Tea Party multi-instrumentalist) made it.